Artsmark is Arts Council England’s flagship programme which enables schools and other organisations to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision. It is delivered by Trinity College London and 10 regional Bridge organisations drive participation.
Achieving Artsmark status demonstrates that our school has a number of very special qualities. It demonstrates that we:
- have an excellent arts and cultural offer
- are forward thinking and open to development
- are committed to investing in our staff and young people
- are committed to listening to our children and providing opportunities for our community
- have an effective approach to building sustainable relationships with arts and cultural organisations
- value the arts and culture through a broad and balanced curriculum
To achieve Artsmark, we had to undergo a rigorous application process, followed by a validation visit from a professional arts consultant. We were assessed on many areas of our provision including arts in the curriculum, extra-curricular arts activities, how we work with artists and arts organisations and how well how our arts provision impacts on staff development and the wider community.
We hope you share our pride in being nationally recognised for our arts and cultural provision. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank all our staff and children in making this possible.